NUM Chief Executive Office: Job advert
National Ugly Mugs (NUM) is looking for a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
NUM is an award winning UK NGO which has national reach and impact. Our mission is to end violence against sex workers and we are committed to advocating for the rights of sex workers aiming to improve the safety of sex workers, prevent crime and enable access to justice and support. Through the NUM reporting mechanism we aim to ensure that sex workers can alert each other about dangerous individuals and report crimes perpetrated against them whilst seeking redress through the criminal justice system. NUM is nationally recognised and widely respected for its pioneering work in promoting sex worker safety. With over 600 reports from sex workers per year, the NUM team work hard to deliver an integrated service that includes (but is not limited to) raising real time alerts, interfacing between sex workers and the police and providing case management support to people who have been victims of violent and other crimes.
We are looking for a CEO who will relish the opportunity to lead and continuously develop our work. The skills you bring will be multi-dimensional and your track record will be able to demonstrate;
- A proven track record of successful financial management and fundraising (from a variety of sources), to sustain organisational viability.
- The ability to sustain, manage and lead a team of committed and knowledgeable individuals who make up the NUM workforce.
- Expertise of working at a senior leadership level for an NGO or statutory organisation with a national profile.
- A proven ability of working collaboratively, developing and sustaining partnership with a wide range of partners and stakeholders (for NUM these include (but are not limited to) NGO’s, sex worker organisations, police, academics, health service providers, NGO’s, regional and national politicians.
- Knowledge and experience of working with stigmatised and social excluded groups.
- The ability to act as a national advocate for sex worker safety, participating in and influencing national policy development.
- The confidence to deal with media enquiries and to make suitable media appearances.
- A background and proven track record of programme development.
- Experience of reporting to and managing governance through a board of trustees.
- A commitment to the mission, ethos and aims of NUM.
The role is full time and based either in Manchester (head office) or London (satellite office) and requires regular travel between both sites as well as the ability to travel nationally (and on occasion internationally). The salary is £43,387-£45,242 per year and pension contributions of 2% per month will be paid by NUM.
Application is by CV (3 pages maximum) and a covering letter (4 pages maximum)which must set out clearly how your qualifications and experience meet the requirements of the ‘NUM CEO Person’ Specification. CVs and application letter should be emailed via athe button below and arrive no later than 17.00 on Monday 2nd October 2017. Interviews will be held in Manchester on 20th October 2017 and we will notify those applicants shortlisted for interview by 9th October 2017.
Should you wish to discuss this role further please contact Hayley Speed, NUM Trustee and Board Secretary on 07582243701. To learn more about NUM visit our website.