NUM is a small third-sector organization which has national reach and impact with its multi-award-winning work; most recently receiving a FSI Small Charities Big Impact award in 2017. Our mission is to end violence against sex workers, aiming to improve their safety, prevent crime, enable access to justice and support and advocate for their rights. The NUM team work hard to deliver an integrated service that includes: a third party reporting scheme for sex workers, sharing safety alerts, interfacing between sex workers and the police, signposting to support services and providing specialist case management support to sex workers who have been the victims of crime. We also provide training to promote and develop good practice for responding to crimes against sex workers as well as carrying out policy development work.
We are looking for an inspirational and committed CEO to lead NUM into the next phase of our development. You will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Experience in a senior management role for an NGO or statutory organization and of effectively managing and developing staff teams.
- Energy and drive that inspires, motivates and empowers a team to achieve organisational goals.
- Experience of contributing to, and influencing, national policy development.
- Confidence and experience in taking a leading role as the public face of an organization and of dealing with new and old media to promote organisational goals and campaigns.
- Proven ability to develop alliances with a range of stakeholders to effect policy change.
- A track record of working collaboratively, developing and sustaining partnerships, with stakeholders from a range of sectors. With the ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- Knowledge of policy, social, legal and service provision environment in the UK for sex workers.
- A proven track record of successful financial management and fundraising (from a variety of sources), to build a sustainable organisation.
- Leadership experience in the development and delivery of new and existing programs, services or initiatives.
- Experience of reporting to and managing governance through a board of trustees.
- A commitment to the mission, ethos and aims of NUM.
The role is full time and based Manchester (head office) but with regular travel to London -where some NUM staff are located- as well as the ability to travel nationally and (on occasion) internationally. The salary is £43,387-£45,242 per year and pension contributions of 5% per month will be paid by NUM.
Application is by CV (3 pages maximum) and a covering letter (4 pages maximum) which must set out clearly how your qualifications and experience meet the requirements of the ‘NUM CEO Person’ Specification. CVs and application letter should be emailed to email@example.com , marked “FAO NUM Chair - CEO Application” and should arrive no later than 17.00 on Wednesday 11th July 2018. Interviews will be held in Manchester on 24th July 2018 and we will notify those applicants shortlisted for interview by 16th July 2018.
Please read the NUM CEO job info pack carefully before applying.
Applications from people with sex work community experience are encouraged.
Should you wish to discuss this role further please contact Sian Prime, NUM Vice Chair on +447766600655 email firstname.lastname@example.org .