You can choose to remain anonymous throughout your contact with us.
NUM operates a strict confidentiality policy which means we will not disclose or share information outside the NUM team without your permission.
Your information will be held electronically on a secure system.
We follow strict guidelines of confidentiality, and we can reassure you that we will always protect your interests and respect everything you say.
We would only break confidentiality if we believe you will cause harm to yourself or to someone else. This will apply if:
- We identify child protection concerns
- We identify that you are a vulnerable adult who has experienced, or is at risk of, serious harm
- To prevent the commission of a crime
- Where the risk of harm to you or others is so severe that not sharing would endanger lives
- Information provided to us is terrorism related
We are happy to discuss this in more detail and whenever possible we will advise you before any breach of confidentiality is made.
National Ugly Mugs complies with the Data Protection Act 1998.